Congregation Statement of Partner Support
Partner with Access and help eliminate hunger and poverty in Kent County
We agree to support Access of West Michigan and work together with other congregations, agencies, and organizations, to help eliminate hunger and poverty in Kent County.
Some of the ways that your congregation can be involved and help are:
- Contact Access for a “State of the County” presentation on hunger and poverty in Kent County.
- Utilize the Access Caseworker Service Program to assist and screen those in need.
- Help support one of the 10 Pantry Resource Centers or a neighborhood support pantry with food and/or non food collections.
- Provide volunteers for Access community food drives (4), Pantry Resource Centers or assistance in the Access office.
- Help our Holiday Giving Network (HGN) Thanksgiving and Christmas food basket program by collecting food and/or delivering baskets to families we have screened (to help avoid duplication of service). Over 7,000 baskets screened last year.
- Send individuals and/or committees to an Access “Living on the Edge” Poverty Simulation.
- Work with Access to help provide assistance and long term recovery in the event of a major disaster in Kent County
- Identify a coordinator from your congregation for community involvement.
Access is a faith based non denominational 501 (c) (3) non profit organization. We depend on the congregations in Kent County for our financial support. We want to partner with all congregations in Kent County and help eliminate hunger and poverty in our community. If you are willing to help us with this effort, please indicate your projected financial support to Access and our programs.
[contact-form 1 “Agreement of Partnership”]