Operation Second Mile (OSM)
The Access OSM caseworkers work to “help congregations help” with emergency needs. If someone requests assistance from your congregation, call the Access Caseworkers at 774-2175 x1 and x7 or email them at email@example.com.
The most effective way to contact the caseworkers is via email.
Often the caseworkers will email alerts to the congregations. If you would like to be added to the email alert list, please contact the caseworkers via email and request to be added.
- for advice, support, and follow-up
- to determine if another congregation is already working with the person
- for information about past contacts with other congregations
- for suggestions about which community resources might be most helpful
- to verify information with landlords, utility companies, caseworkers, etc
- to send a check out immediately, if needed, to be reimbursed by your congregation at a more convenient time
- to notify Access of your involvement with a client, in case another congregation calls
Please do not refer clients directly to Access as this is one shared staff position to be a resource for congregations. Clients can be referred directly to 211 to obtain information on emergency needs programs in their area.
Access works to eliminate duplication of services and helps congregations to be good stewards of limited resources. The goal of the Access Caseworker is to enable you, as a member of a congregation, to become responsibly involved with those in need in your community.